Saturday, December 17, 2011

Read and God Speaks

Do you really read the Bible every day?” Not often, but once in a while someone will ask me that question. My answer: “Yes, but not the whole thing!

I do try to read early each morning before the busyness of the day begins. Sometimes I read quit a bit. Other times, a verse or phrase will capture me and I spend the time focusing on that one piece. Either way, my time with God in the Scriptures always is a blessing. This morning was no exception.

I’ve been sharing a series entitled: Holy Happiness. Now we are going to spend a few weeks looking at it from a different perspective: Un-Holy Happiness. This will be a lot of fun and very meaningful. But I wasn’t at ease with the series’ conclusion. Until this morning.

As I was reading the Bible, a particular little phrase caught my attention. When this happens, I just know that God wants me to stop reading for reading sake and spend some time thinking about this one part. So I did. And as I did, it came to me so clearly: “This is the capstone - the perfect concluding study - for this series on happiness!” I can’t give it to you now, I have to write it out first. But I can tell you this…

If I had not been doing my usual, daily Bible reading this would not have happened!


God is so good, and He loves us so much. And, He desires to communicate with us - to speak into our lives - regularly. He can, and does, through many avenues. But clearly one of the most common and most accessible, is through His Word: the Bible.

When we read, we give ourselves the opportunity to hear from Him. When we read regularly or daily, then we give ourselves the opportunity to hear from God regularly, even daily!

Don’t pass up such an incredible opportunity. Go find your Bible. Open it. Do a little reading. And do so regularly. Then be amazed as God speaks to you!

[If you are interested in reading the Holy Happiness series, click on the Life Issues tab and follow the link to that blog.]

No comments:

Post a Comment